Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenwood TS-570S transceiver I havent used for about…

Customer Question
I have a Kenwood...

I have a Kenwood TS-570S transceiver I havent used for about 6 months. I turn on the power supply. It is 13 volts. The transceiver displays the frequency for about 2 seconds, then goes off and nothing. No background noise either.

Technician's Assistant: What is your TS-570S connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Connected to a vertical antannae, all cables seem good. the display light seems to be a dim yellow. I noticed in troubleshooting section maybe a lithium battery needs replacing.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No i havent. when I first turned it on there was some background noise for a couple seconds, then silence and no frequency displayed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
11/30/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, yes. Replace the coin battery even if just to eliminate it as a potential suspect.

Please click HERE for insight.