Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old denon receiver with wired in Klipsch speakers…

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an old denon receiver with wired in Klipsch speakers is there anything that I can add to my system to upgrade it to wireless abilities. i would like to get wireless outdoor speakers or would I have to by a whole new receiver to get wireless

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

Looking very old 25 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

Nothing yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes just purchased the 300F turntable would i have been better off with the one that converts to digital music

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/27/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model of the denon?

What is it that you're wanting to do wirelessly, just to have outdoor speakers?
Or are you needing to access online content such as streaming internet radio stations?

The receiver is a DRA - 6358. I would like to have wireless outdoor speakers as well as wireless speakers inside

There are a few options for that, but in general wireless speakers have range, sound quality, and cost concerns.

It is possible, but if there is any ability to do wired speakers you are much better off. A new receiver may be of some benefit. The newer denon models that support their HEOS networking function for example can send audio to a wireless (wifi) based HEOS speaker.

If you only needed 1 pair of wireless speakers, there are some options to retrofit your existing model, but given the age it would be expected to fail at any time now and need replacement anyway.

How many rooms/speakers are you looking to use (wireless, the "main room" would still be wired off the receiver)

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.