Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to connect a dvd/tape player to my vizio tv with…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect a dvd/tape player to my vizio tv with 3 cables, red, white and yellow and cannot get it to connect. please help! Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

No, nothing at all. it just says. no signal.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Thr dvd player is connected with to the tv with the 3 wires, and the power is on, the player shows it is playing the dvd disk.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/27/2017
Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago
armymil2003

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have the model number of your TV? I would like to be able to pull up the factory information of that TV by model number.