Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Panasonic 50+1 cd changer -- CD Stereo System

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic 50+1 cd changer -- CD Stereo System SA-AK95. In it I have 30 CD's. When I select any CD, the system searches thru all of the numbers, selects none of them, and then shows a message of "error" .

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

The system came with 2 mini speakers, and 2 large woofer speakers - all labeled Panasonic. This whole system was working fine, and in place, but not used for some time. Never moved, dropped, etc. The radio works fine, I do not use the 2 tape decks. I know that when trying to select discs #10 or above, you have to so indicate on the remote. All to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic system?

I have tried using the system normally, and also by unplugging system and then replugging it on. In every scenario, it does not pick up and play any disc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I think my explanation is complete.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/27/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 8 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This will happen if the CD changer is unable to read the discs.

It is unlikely that all of the discs are dirty or scratched, so the problem is more likely with the CD changer itself.

There may be dirt on the reading lens - try inserting a cleaning disc and let it spin a few times inside the changer.

Let me know if that helps?
https://www.amazon.com/Endust-for-Electronics-262000-Cleaner/dp/B003EEMDMC/

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------