Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ZVOX 555 sudenlly quit working. When I try to turn on the…

Customer Question
My ZVOX 555 sudenlly...

My ZVOX 555 sudenlly quit working. When I try to turn on the power "522Z" flashed on the screen for about a second

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started this morning

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/26/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This system is about double its expected service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet, but leave the power switch on the back in the on position

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; however repairs for these units are simply not feasible, there are no parts available and labor alone would be twice the value of the system. These systems are essentially built to be disposable and simply replaced when they fail.

I can help you with recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

I talked to ZVOX and they said I would need to return the unit to them for repair and that would cost $89, so I ordered a new unit for $219.Andy Weisenfelder

Thanks for the update, that is what I was recommending as well.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.