Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bose sound system that I am trying to use after not…

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose sound system that I am trying to use after not using it for several years. I have the two treble speakers feeding into the sub-woofer. The sub-woofer is plugged into power. The middle connector is connected to the wireless on-off (IR switch) which is itself plugged via red-white connectors in the TV. When I try to switch from TV speaks to external speakers, I get no sound. The IR switch shows a green on light.

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

The Bose system is separate and was bought as an external speaker system. Cables are tightly connected. The sub-woofer has multi-pin connectors, but each has two screws to tighten both the treble speakers and the connector to the IR switch. My TV has three possible red-white connectors (from the TV to the IR switch). I have tried moving the red-white connectors on the TV to each of the three possible paired connectors. When I select TV menu for sound, and change to external speaker, I do not get sound from the Bose speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Let me try a different sound source and then I will get back with you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Please cancel my request. I have been able to resolve the problem.
11/26/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you please tell me the model number of the tv?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.