Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Pioneer VSX-82TXS. Was working fine until I moved receiver -

Customer Question
then no audio or video...
Pioneer VSX-82TXS. Was working fine until I moved receiver - then no audio or video. Cannot access System Setup via remote (no OSD). Front panel Setup not responding either. Tried with both HDMI & Component. Tried system reset and seems to have reset, but still can't access any setup menus and no audio or video.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
11/27/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I understand that a User Reset has been tried but was not corrective.

Consider a technician's RESET. This reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a technician's reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences as well as more importantly remove/bypass if hardware auto-protect has kicked in. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Tried "release mode" and from what I can tell, nothing happened. While in Standby, simultaneously held "Advanced Surround" and "Enter" and absolutely nothing happened. Also tried "Standard Surround" and "Enter" and after 5 seconds the unit turned on and displayed the following: M1. 002 F0. 503. Is there a diagnostic mode for technicians?
Also found something on the internet about Detected Protection History. Entered this mode by simultaneously holding ADVANCED SURROUND and (TUNE +) for 5 seconds. The following was displayed sequentially:DC : 000
OVER : 000
CON : 000
FAN : 000
TEMP : 000

The diagnostic results show no error detected.

Interesting that neither RESET has no effect at all.

Have you tried / can you please try checking all the buttons on the front panel? Check if any acts like it is engaged/pressed in.

None of the buttons seem to be stuck. All of them "feel" functional. I can confirm the following buttons function in some capacity as expected:SPEAKERS
AV PARAMETERS
SETUP
ENTER
(TUNE +)
(TUNE -)
(ST -)
(ST +)
TUNER EDIT
BAND
CONTROL
ON/OFF
VIDEO SELECT
SIGNAL SELECT
STANDARD SURROUNDThe following buttons seem to do nothing:PHASE CONTROL
MCACC POSITION
AUTO SURR/STREAM DIRECT
HOME THXAlso the INPUT SELECTOR and MASTER VOLUME seem to be functioning as expected.

A last external try; slightly loosen the screws at the rear panel of the Pioneer....and then tighten ALL these screws.

All others would be internal to the Pioneer.

That's quite a few screws. In any case, did it - same issue.

Yes; a handful

And sorry to hear of the lack of developments.

Based on this, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual or at the very least, the schematic diagrams?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry?

...LIVE?