Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Is it ok to mount a samsung crystal surround air track

Customer Question
Is it ok to...

Is it ok to mount a samsung crystal surround air track vertically?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased December 21, 2014 and the model # is HW-F355

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. The instructions don't say you can't mount it vertically, we have always had it horizontal. But we got a new entertainment center and have no place for it now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/25/2017
Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Lester.

Even though the air track is generally installed horizontally as you have it now, it can be installed vertically. All the components on the inside are securely affixed to the frame, so there is no chance of anything shifting inside it once installed vertically. It will still work quite fine in that position.

you feel installing in this position will not affect the sound quality? "surround"?
I do not wish to be called or to call. Will my second question on the same topic be answered?
Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 7 months ago

The system automatically asked if you wanted to initiate a call. Don't worry about. Simply pay it no mind.

As for your second question, it will not affect the quality of the surround sound. It may sound a bit different from what you are used to in that the speakers would now be vertical, so the audio may sound a bit different based on the new placement of the speakers. But, as I said, the audio quality will not be affected.

When I didn’t hear back from you, I got s hold of someone from Samsung, and he said just the opposite of what you said... That it should NOT be mounted vertically. Thank you. And please research you’re answer more efficiently next time. Good day.