Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Wave Sound Touch series IV and an older Bose

Customer Question
I have a Wave...

I have a Wave Sound Touch series IV and an older Bose Soundlind Bluetooth speaker and would like them both to play music stored on my iPad. In my settings it is showing that both are connected but I can only get one device to play at a time. I would

Technician's Assistant: Is your SoundLink system connected to or paired with anything?

Yes, it is paired with my iPad

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SoundLink?

It is plugged in, set to Bluetooth and will play music from the iPad but then the speakers on the Wave SoundTouch stop playing music. It currently either transmits from the Wave or from the SoundLink.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/24/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

BlueTooth by it's very nature can only pair to one device at a time- you can't have both units paired and playing. The only way to have both devices playing from the iPad is to purchase a Bose Soundtouch music adapter- connect the older Soundlink speaker to the Soundtouch adapter, download the SOundtouch APP to your iPad and then the Soundtouch software will let you play one, or both speakers at the same time.

"Pair"- means two. So it means that one BlueTooth receiver, and one BlueTooth transmitter can be "paired" at one time. Pairing another device loses pairing with the first device and vise versa. So the Soundtouch adapter is the only way you can achieve what you're looking to do (have both speakers play music from the iPad). You will run an auxiliary cable from the Soundtouch to the AUX Input on the Soundlink speakers to connect them .The adapter is below:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/multi_room_speakers/soundtouch-adapter.html?mc=25_PS_WS_PL_00_GO_&gclid=CjwKCAiAo9_QBRACEiwASknDwVwYhwq090CEuMaAYZ2bJunHi6yVr1W1l8_QtPFGrqKZKOBYcI0pnxoCc3wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#v=soundtouch_wireless_link_adapter_acc_black

Additionally the Soundtouch APP can be downloaded at the link below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bose-soundtouch/id708379313?mt=8

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?