Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My denon avr-3100w has never played the blueray sound from…

Customer Question
My denon avr-3100w has...

My denon avr-3100w has never played the blueray sound from my oppo bdp-103d except once or twice for a short period of time. Also on HBO my denon should do DTS but it doesn't.

Technician's Assistant: What is your AVR-3100W connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes. Everything is HDMI. I have tried different cables but nothing works. It's been very frustrating owning this very hi end equipment but never getting it to work correctly. The Denon things the signal from my dish hopper & from my oppo are pcm. The input on the denon is set to auto. If I switch it to dts for either there is no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No but my denon AVR-2809ci which I still have would do the correct sound with my dish hopper but the oppo I have only tried with the newer denon.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

My Denon avr-x3100w never plays blueray sound from my oppo bdp-103d. It says neo: x c. Also a lot of HBO shows have Dobey Digital or DTS sound but the denon doesn't put this sound out either.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
11/26/2017
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.