Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a TEAC DVD Home Theatre System model PL-D1220 which…

Customer Question
I have a TEAC...

I have a TEAC DVD Home Theatre System model PL-D1220 which operates normally in all respects except that it pauses several times while playing a CD. Sometimes after inserting a CD it seems to take longer than usual to operate and sometimes shows "Invalid Disk".

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Probably about 10 yrs or could be more

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I only use it occasionally and about a year ago I managed to overcome the problem by removing the cover and very lightly oiling the two small round guides supporting the scanning unit. I also moved it back and forth by fingers as it had been possibly sticking intermittently on the guides. That seemed to overcome the problem at that time, however it was not used for several months and yesterday it was "sticking/stopping/pausing" once again and lubricating the small guides of the scanning didn't seem to remedy the problem on this occasion.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/22/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, you may have to repeat the above cleaning, lubricating and exercising of the traverse assembly.

Additionally, very carefully clean the optical pick up itself (if have not been done).

Please click HERE for insight.

Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago

If not corrective, then it would be internal to the PL-D1220.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

I applied what you suggested , but it did not help with my problem/s so decided to take it to an electronics repair specialist.In view of this I believe I'm entitled to a refund (or nil charge).

Done; "...refund..." relayed to Customer Support.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.