Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought my Bose ST10 on 09/29/2017. It was working fine…

Customer Question
I bought my Bose...

I bought my Bose ST10 on 09/29/2017. It was working fine until this morning when it would no longer play music. I tried to reprogram it with Blue Tooth and my smartphone. I was informed there was an upgrade, which I tried to download on my phone. I have been tied up with a message about updating for over 10 minutes, on my phone, and my speaker has a flashing white dot under the speaker symbol and otherwise is totally unresponsive. Please help me get my music back.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Soundtouch 10

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't know what to do to trouble shoot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No. The instructions provided with the product for its use were very minimal.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/21/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 7 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the white light flash fast or slowly?

If the white light is blinking fast then the SoundTouch is unable to connect to a wifi network.

If it is flashing slowly then it is downloading and installing a firmware update - do not interrupt it until this is complete, otherwise you could permanently damage it. Let it sit a few hours until it is complete.

For a full instruction guide, please see:

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/speakers/soundtouch_10_wireless_music_system/pdf/og_st10_ENG.pdf

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------