Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Some functions on the RC-1030 does not work, ie on off,

Customer Question
volume, mute, zone on off...
Some functions on the RC-1030 does not work, ie on off, volume, mute, zone on off. Can it reset?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'm sorry to hear that. Such a cluster of defects of function, usually means a severe circuitry fault that will require service-repairing. But, it might be otherwise too.

To Reset, try this:

- turn OFF the Denon device that is controlled. Unplug it from the power.

- remove the batteries from the Denon remote control too.

- blow out and then shake out (turned over so buttons face the floor) the remote control's buttons.

- Wait 30 minutes with device and remote left this way.

- Then get fresh, sure-to-be-good batteries for the remote (not the old batteries you took out of the remote) and put them in correctly into the remote.

- plug in the Denon device, and try the remote controlling it again.

Let me know what result you get, by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you further as to how to proceed, what needs to be done, etc.