Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My sound link mini won't charge beyond 80% even when

Customer Question
Hi, my sound link...

Hi, my sound link mini won't charge beyond 80% even when bypassing the cradle and connecting directly to the power supply. I've currently got it connected to my PC

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

It is over two years old. There's a long serial nunber on the base of the cradle: 069451Z5184A345AE

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not5hing happened, I left it connected to the power supply for about a week and wasn't using it. As regards ***** ***** tried bypassing the cradle and that didn't help and I plugged it into the PC wondering if there was a way of checking over the internet if it needs some sort of upgrade

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/21/2017
Technician: Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

To update the firmware please try the following:

1. Plug speaker into PC (it should automatically detect and install device)

2. Navigate to: http://btu.bose.com/

3. This will automatically detect the device that you plugged in and should perform an update

4. Follow the on screen instructions, your firmware will be updated and your speaker should work

Note: The power LED will still be flashing red when you plug it into the PC but the PC should at least connect to it.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich