Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can i call dont type well. Wave cd radio.10 to 12 yrs.

Customer Question
Can i call dont...

Can i call dont type well

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Wave cd radio.10 to 12 yrs.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Remote failed to turn on radio.new batteries,unplug

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Alarm wont turn on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
11/22/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done): There is a partial test to confirm if the old remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the other hand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself or a compatibility issue.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.