Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Bose radio and three disc matching cd system and…

Customer Question
We have a Bose...

We have a Bose radio and three disc matching cd system and in the three disc cd player there is disc stuck in disc 2 and will not eject.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

AWRCCJ Bose wave system radio It is at least seven years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

On weekend we were playing four discs and when we tried to eject disc 2 got message disc error. We have tried unplugging system and replugging it in as well as disconnecting two systems and connecting them again. Just now when we turned the cd player up to read the bottom my wife was able to secure the disc and pull it out so that problem is solved. Have not tried to play anything yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

We got the disc out now and will see if it will read another disc in slot 2. Other slots are now working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
11/21/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Bose issue. As I understood you already removed the stuck disc, and played all remaining slots. All discs played, but you haven't used slot 2 yet. Is that correct ?
I have researched the 3 disc changer and it is a common issue for the mechanism to lock up due to a worn out gear in the mechanism. The only fix for that is to contact Bose to request an RMA number to send the unit in for repair. Flat rate from Bose is $75. But I also had cases were the disc had a sticky label and stuck to the mechanism. You could try to put a clean disc and check if it plays. Recommendation is to purchase a CD cleaning disc to keep the laser lens clean to prevent skipping. I attached for you a link to one of those cleaning discs. Let me know how it worked out.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxell-MXLCD340M-Maxell-CD-340-CD-Lens-Cleaner-190048/10135700?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228009489776&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40330325192&wl4=pla-78289576232&wl5=9028089&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=10135700&wl13=&veh=sem
My problem has been solved and I have cancelled the maintenance cancelledThank you
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.