Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

This might be way heyond your ability to address, but: I…

Customer Question
Hi, this might be...

Hi, this might be way heyond your ability to address, but: I have a very rare vintage Kenwood KR-6170 (Jumbo Jet) Receiver from ~1971. the power switch has failed. Is these a repair center in/close to Albuquerque, NM who might could repair this ?. Are parts such as this still available ? If,so, where ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Kenwood KR-6170

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No troubleshooting possible/needed in this case. This has occurred before, and with some dielectric lub, has fixed this isse. This time, the switch doesnt operate at all, and has defaulted into the open (off) position. No power input, no,way to,bypass,that I know of...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, you have all the data

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 8 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Stereo issue. Let me research your unit and be right back.
The Kenwood receiver can be fitted with a generic power switch and should be able to be fixed for under $100. I found a good reliable Stereo repair shop in your area. Here is a link to Crown TV company.
http://www.crowntv.net/