Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Acoustimass 10 III and the subwoofer isn’t

Customer Question
Hi - I have...

Hi - I have an Acoustimass 10 III and the subwoofer isn’t working. All the connections are correct and the receiver is a new Denon AVR-3400H

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Acoustimass 10 III and it’s probably about 12 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Actually, I just noticed it because of the new receiver. I've checked all the connections and power

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I can’t think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 3 days by:
11/22/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Denon.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Perhaps a Denon AVR-X3400H.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • if the Acoustimass Audio Input RCA plug is connected to the Denon's SUBWOOFER PRE OUT jack, then:
  • - ensure Denon's front speakers are set for Small; and
  • - configure Settings / Manual Setup / Subwoofer / 1 spkr;
  • • if the Acoustimass Audio Input RCA plug is not used / not connected to the Denon's SUBWOOFER PRE OUT jack, then:
  • - ensure Denon's front speakers are set for Large; and
  • - configure Settings / Manual Setup / Subwoofer / None;
  • • consider a RESET of the Denon. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset of the Denon however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern with the Acoustimass; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.