Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We own a Yamaha Rx-a1000 and only the subwoofer and center…

We own a Yamaha...

We own a Yamaha Rx-a1000 and only the subwoofer and center speaker work. We have trouble shouted

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Troubleshooted every way through all menus and sub menus and cannot find an answer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3 days out of the blue. On all devices connected to the receiver.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

We unplugged we tried any number of settings. Nothing changed the outcome

11/18/2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Yamaha receiver. Let me research your unit and I will be right back.
Okay thank you. It is a confusing issue. All sound on all devices except center speaker and subwoofer not working. Even when in test mode no noice from the 2 front or the 2 rear speakers.
No thank you about the phone call, Not now. I. The middle of something else. It may be the way though.
Yeah, I did not offer the phone call service yet. But I'm more then happy to talk to you as well. Just let me know if the reset worked out.
Okay. We did think of that. But wanted to see if there was some simpler bottom we may have pushed. Thanks. I’ll get back to you.
I guess we will try the reset. But probably not for some time maybe even tomorrow.
Okay. Which one first?
Try to do the reset first, then the firmware update.
Okay. Thanks. Most likely we will do this tomorrow. Going to light the fire pit tonight.
Ok Sir, good luck and good night.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electrotech2017
we tried the reset it didn’t work. Because the amp is not WiFi and we don’t have a cable long enough to reach router we have not tried update. But we think it most likely will no be that. One day it was working the next ..... so we think hardware and will take it to a shop. Thanks for your help it was a good try.
The unit has a Net board which has the Audio chip on it. The board cost less then a $100 and Labor is around $50-60. It is worth giving it a try. Good luck sir. If you could rate my service, I would greatly appreciate it, since that is the only way I would be compensated for my assistance.
Thanks for the positive rating. Have a good night.
Just did and left a review.

Thanks again. Just let me know if you have any questions in the future. I'm more then happy to assist you.

Thought you might want to know the outcome. When we checked wires they looked ok because they were all connected. However, we had had a rat running free for a bit and it lived chewing wires I guess, Further up the line then right at the receiver. The Center speaker and sub woofer were connected with much thicker cable like wires thus they worked. We discovered this when getting the receiver ready to take to the shop. Receiver is okay. Rats love to chew slightly electric wires I guess.
Bet that’s a new one huh!
Wow, I'm glad you find that out and it does not need a repair. Thanks for the info. Happy Holidays
Did you get paid? I got charged.
I did. Thank you Sir.
Madam or miss as every woman in the south is young forever!
Oh ok I'm sorry, Madam. Happy Holidays to you. :)
You too.
Thank you
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017