Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Cbl/sat tv audio plays through avr x2300w receiver. Smart tv

on my sony xbr...
cbl/sat tv audio plays through avr x2300w receiver. Smart tv on my sony xbr will not but does through built in tv speakers. Can I add tv model to my denon remote app?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVR 2300w just a couple of years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to reset all of the menu items numerous times.
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please. How can I add sony tv to my denon remote app
11/18/2017
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I need the model number off of the back of your Sony TV. Also, what cables specifically are connecting the TV to the Denon please?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
sony xbr 55 850d. HDMI to arc and data cable to lan outlet. All speakers work for Sonos and cable tv settings, just not smart output

Thank you. Right, I understood what you were saying. Let me check and see what audio out the Smart TV plays through.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No call and only the $5.00 fee please.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I understand and was unaware this was not a Denon help line.

You'll need to use the optical output on the TV to get the Smart APP audio to play through the Denon. Run an optical cable from the digital audio out port (you can leave your ARC connected for the HDMI sources), and connect it to one of the optical ports on the Denon (you may need to assign a port to the optical in order to use it), and then in the Sony's MENU go to "Settings/Sound/Digital Audio Out...set it to PCM". Let me know what happens.

It's not a Denon issue- it's that the Sony does not output sound from it's App platform with HDMI ARC- it uses optical for this.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks. Will do and pick up an optical cable.

You're welcome and best of luck! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Engineer
Aric, Engineer