Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

The first seconds of a cd seem to skip after. I have tried a

The first seconds of...
The first seconds of a cd seem to skip after. I have tried a disk cleaner. This is the single disk model, fed into the slot
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: can't tell you that. surely plus 10-15 years old. It's the basic radio "wave"?
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only use of a disk cleaner which seemed rather cheap and perhaps not effective or not the remedy for the problem. Once disk gets beyond the first few seconds is OK--but I do hear a sound at the start but then it goes away
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so--but we use the player a lot, every day, etc
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I don't have any supporting documents. Never have had a problem before this new wrinkle. Though sometimes a disk will become stuck. I was told by someone in the Albany store just to unplug for a bit and reconnect. This has always resulted in the retrieval of the disk.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...basic radio "wave"..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Still, the described symptom almost always points to an internal hardware issue or more particular a developing fault in the CD traverse mechanism of almost all brands/models.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry?

If a DIY is to be attempted, then first focus would be on the slide guide of the laser mount / traverse assembly. It may just need cleaning and removal of dried lubricant. Thereafter, re-lubricate and exercise full sliding action.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago

I assume this means sending the unit to Bose. Address please...turn around time? Repair cost estimate Please Can I continue to use the CD player until it worsens unacceptably? THANKS for your diagnosis! Paul B

Please inquire / contact 1-***-***-****

or click HERE.

And yes, continued usage is is possible.

Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician