Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My BOSE radio/cd player does not work, the disc player

My BOSE radio/cd player...

My BOSE radio/cd player does not work, the disc player serial No. #037756963490571AC. Also my multi-disc player does not work Serial # 033976C61665368AC

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Serial #63490571AC—purchased 5/07 — music system

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

When did I purchase it and what is the serial #?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Also, my multi disc player does not work — serial # 033976C66165368AC

11/18/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, please try to:

• check/replace the connecting cables at the back;
  • unplug the Bose from the mains for an extended period of time;
  • then plug back in but into a different outlet.

Still and if not corrective, then the described symptom almost always is indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

I'm not

Should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Bose Service Center (specially if still under some form of extended warranty) or an independent repair shop / qualified professional.

Please click / tap HERE or call 1-***-***-****.

Louie, Technician
Hi Louie
My 3 disc CD player needs to be repaired. When I insert CD discs into the slots the responds is "disc error." What I'm wondering is--is it worthwhile economically to repair
the 3-disc player or buy a new one?
Thanks,
Kay

Appreciate the post back Kay.

Please click HERE. This would give you an idea on the cost of a new Bose Wave Multi-CD Changer.

Then call 1-***-***-**** and ask if they have a flat rate for repair cost of these Wave Multi-CD Changer.

Compare; if repair cost is more than half of a new unit, then it would no longer be economically reasonable.

I called the phone number and they the repair would cost $75. They will send me a mailing label as to where it will be sent. Probably the cost of repair is so reasonable is because I recently purchased the sound touch radio/CD. The sound touch multi-disc CD player doesn't exist anymore.
Thanks for your help, Louie.
Kay