Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a bose surrond system that has only plugs to set it

up, no hdmi. how do...
I have a bose surrond system that has only plugs to set it up, no hdmi. how do i set it up?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: un65mu65odfx2a
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: not sure
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i just got the tv
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What you will need to set the Bose up to the TV, is an "Optical to RCA" converter connected to the optical output on the TV (Digital audio out jack that sends sound out to digital home theaters). The converter allows the TV's digital signal to be converted to RCA (standard analog) and then you can plug those cables into the Bose. I'm pulling up a link to that device right now.

Then in the Samsung MENU you will go to Sound/Audio and shut the internal speakers off by selecting "External Sound system", to activate the audio out on the TV.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Engineer
Aric, Engineer