Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can not get the TV input to go to HDMI 3, just ANT/CABLE…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get the TV input to go to HDMI 3, just ANT/CABLE and cannot access my XBOX

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

I'm not sure of the model. It is a large screen flat screen.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu does work and I've tried everything I know to fix the problem.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I accidentally touch a button on the remote last night and don't know which one. I can bring up the input menu but when I select HDMI 2 it goes to a screen that asks me for a pin code.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/17/2017
Technician: info tech, Technician replied 8 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here, is it ALL the HDMI inputs that will not work?please try the XBOX in all ,let me know please

Anthony

Its the INPUT or SOURCE button on the TVs OWN remote control you need to keep pressing this until you get back to the XBOX, if you cant find this button I wilL need the model number please found on the back of the TV

How is it working out please?set is in the wrong INPUT mode,if you have done this please let me know so we can move on with it

As I explained earlier, I'm able to select the HDMI 2 input, but it takes me to the screens I just sent in the pictures. It is not allowing me to move past that point because it is asking for a pin code, which I don't know.

I cant see how pressing the hdmi or to get to hdmi would take you to a set up screen ?that does not make sense,it looks like its in a regza set up mode so please choose installation mode above it

Follow that through then let me know what happens

The serial number for my TV is 949150M06597K1, if this helps.
I chose the installation mode above the regza set up mode and it branched out into the subcategories that are in the picture I attached. I don't know what to do next.

Go up to INPUT configuration let me know whats there

Let me know what INPUTs you are using BESIDES the XBOX

Under the INPUT Configuration, it is "ANT/CABLE IN" on left side and "Antenna" on the other, which can be moved to "Cable" but it will not let me save "Cable" as done. Keeps reverting back to "ANT/CABLE IN". Also, I have a VCR hooked up as well as the Xbox, which plays on HDMI 3 input.

OK reboot the set, disconnect from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again

Let me know if there is any change

Okay, am doing so. Will let you know the results. Thank you.

OK

It didn't work. I'm fairly knowledgeable of computers and TV's but this has me baffled. I'm sure the solution is simple but I don't understand the interface well enough to troubleshoot. Was hoping you could help but I don't think you can, not with the messaging back and forth, and I'm not going to pay another $28 dollars to speak with you on the phone, only to have the problem still unresolved.

*************