Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I hav 2 Bos 901 speaker which iv'e had for twenty or more

Customer Question
i hav 2 Bos 901...
i hav 2 Bos 901 speaker which iv'e had for twenty or more years and i'm not getting any sound
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: san sui 20 years
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i was wondering if they have fuses inside
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/16/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 27 days ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The chances of both Bose 901's not working at the same time- is very slim. I would first lean towards looking at the Sansui integrated (I'm assuming), amplifier to see if that is actually outputting sound. Have you tried connecting the Sansui to another set of speakers?

Also:

1) What model number Sansui do you have?

2) Is the Bose 901 EQ connected properly?

3) When was the last time the system was used?

Let me know and we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Over ten years. I thought it might be a fuse or something

Can you reply back to the FULL info request so I can help you?

Hard to say what it is without specifics. Troubleshooting relies on details. So I would need you to elaborate with as much detail as you can.

3) Can you try a different set of speakers so we can see if the speakers or the receiver are even the problem here?

Do you need help with the question you posted?

Louie, Technician