Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to connect my ps4 pro to my sony 65" UHD HDR tv…

I'm trying to connect...

I'm trying to connect my ps4 pro to my sony 65" UHD HDR tv using my Denon avr-x5200w but it's saying I don't have HDR capability. What is going on? How can this be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sony xbr-75x850e

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

New ps4 and tv bought at same time. Also avr was just set up a few weeks ago. bought it several years ago and just installed it so all this is new stuff to me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I also have xbox one x just new too and can't get it to recognize HDR either.

The correct sony tv model is: xbr65x850e.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The denon is the problem here, it is an older (2014) model that was built before HDR technology was standardized. It lacks the ability to process or pass hdr signals and thus is giving you this problem.

The best option in this situation is to bypass the receiver for video and route your hdmi connections from the ps4/xbox directly to the tv, then get audio back to the denon via optical or hdmi-arc.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Thanks

You are very welcome! Have a happy thanksgiving.

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer