Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A SONY LBT-ZX80D X-TRANCE STEREO ITS A 2008 MODEL #

Customer Question
HI,I HAVE A SONY...

HI,I HAVE A SONY LBT-ZX80D X-TRANCE STEREO ITS A 2008 MODEL # HCD-ZX80D,SERIAL #(###) ###-####IT COMPLETLY TURNED OFF WHILE I WAS USING IT AND NOW ALL IT DOES WHEN I TURN IT ON THE ON/OFF BUTTON BLINKS RED AND GREEN

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2008,M # HCD-ZX80D SONY LBT-ZX80D

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

ABOUT A WEEK

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 2 days by:
11/18/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

If not corrective, then it would be an internal hardware issue.

If so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?