Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Denon Avr 2800. After power on speakers have a delay before…

Customer Question
Denon Avr 2800....

Denon Avr 2800. After power on speakers have a delay before switching on. Getting worse. Longer delay. Sometimes helps to power off and on but still has delay.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Denon Avr 2800. 17yrs

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing popped up. Checked all speaker connections.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No thks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/15/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

...have you tried a RESET?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Checked speaker connections. Do not know what a reset Is or how to do. Receiver works fine once the speakers click on after a long dekay.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Proceed only if comfortable with and with caution.

I do not have time now to talk by cell phone.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

Please post back results / observations should you consider/try the RESET.