Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a BOSE soundlink. It has stopped connecting to my…

Customer Question
I have a BOSE...

I have a BOSE soundlink. It has stopped connecting to my iPod. Help!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

It is a blue speaker

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried reset. Clearing the queue. Removing my smart phone from the room. Charging and updating my iPod

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

It is not theater. It is the cheap $129 speaker that comes in 3 colors

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/15/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 5 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I own a Bose portable speaker myself and have found the resetting the speaker usually works like a charm.

Resetting the speaker -

A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings.

1. Power on the speaker.

2. Press and hold for ten seconds.

Sometimes it takes more than one try to get it to reset. with the speaker on, please press the power button and hold it down for a full 30 seconds this time, or until you hear it beep and see the lights flash.

After you have reset the Bose speaker, you will need to go through the setup process again and re-pair your ipod.

Please click on the link below for complete instructions on how to do this. I'm happy to type out the steps for your myself but the documentation form Bose includes illustrations and pictures of the various buttons on the Soundlink that you will need press, so should be most helpful.

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/support/pdfs/soundlink_color_bluetooth_speaker/soundlink_color_qsg.pdf

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or run into any problems during this process. I am committed to your complete satisfaction.

Not working

I'm sorry to hear that. I am opting out of the question in the hopes that another expert may be able to help you. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the model of the iPod you have?

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service