Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bose Sounddock for a IPod only and I've ordered a…

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose Sounddock for a IPod only and I've ordered a Bluetooth device so I can listen to music from my IPhone 5. It seems I need to know what year my Sounddock is b/c I might need an additional type of device. So how can I find out this info? Laura

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

I'm looking at the bottom of speaker and all I see is a serial number.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model #MA446LL, version 1.3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the adpator I purchased was a BMR5060330830000

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/14/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Do both your ipod and your iphone use the same type of charging cable, or does the ipod use the old style 30 pin charger (the wide one rather than the newer lightning chargers?

Model MA446LL version 1.3 indicates that you have a SERIES 1 SoundDock which is one of the earliest models. That is important to know because the early Apple iPods used a firewire 12v in the 30 pin plug, rather than using usb to charge. When iPhones became available firewire was discontinued. I believe that this is the additional adapter that you will need.

https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-IFWAHBK-Charging-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B001NXYXX8

Please let me know if you need more help or have additional questions. I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved.