Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bose Wave Player has started skipping. The CD Laser

Customer Question
My Bose Wave Player...

My Bose Wave Player has started skipping. The CD Laser cleaner disc also skips.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Bose AWRCC1; approx. 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Inserting CD Laser disc cleaner. It also skips.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/14/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is this happening on the main unit, or do you have the 3 disc changer attached?

Single Unit. One slot

Thanks for confirming,

This type of problem is most often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc slot with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens), if your cleaner disc isn't working well enough.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.