Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The sound cuts out for about a second every 10-20 secs, It's…

Customer Question
The sound cuts out...

The sound cuts out for about a second every 10-20 secs

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

It's a AVR-X1200W that is less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried turning the system off and back on, then tried unconnecting the optical cable and plugging it back in as well as trying different remote buttons and still it keepd doing this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just want this annoying thing fixed

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/14/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, do the described symptom of "...sound cuts out..." persist with any input/source using other cables/connections?

...even when in radio (AM or FM) mode?
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Turned on and off. Tried resetting tv mode and tried in connecting and reconnecting optical cable

Is the symptom commonly observed with and in any other modes? ...even tuned to a radio station?

No, I do not wish to pay $35 for a call

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers as well as that this is a paid Q & A service.
Would you still like to continue? ...explore other options?

Thanks but I’ll find a non paying way to solve my issue

I understand.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

This has already cost me an hour of wasted time.��

I will bring this to the attention of Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.
Please do not reply so as not to re-open the Q/A thread.