Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I️ have a AVR-X4200W was working great but now no picture on…

Customer Question
I️ have a AVR-X4200W...

I️ have a AVR-X4200W was working great but now no picture on projector. If I️ connect direct to cable box I️ I️ have a picture.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

One year

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Checked all cable connections. Blue ray works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

Don’t know what else to say

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/11/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 8 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Denon receiver. Just to elaborate on the steps you have done. You said that the Blu-ray player has video when you go through the Denon receiver ? If yes, try to connect the cable box to the Blu-ray input and check. Please let me know.
Blue ray doesn’t have input
In addition try to go into the menu and perform a Firmware Update. Here is a link to some info about Denon firmware.
https://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/productupdates
What do you mean has no input ? How do you have the Blu-ray connected ?
If nothing helps, please try the Factory reset procedure with this link and start from scratch.
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX4200W/NA/EN/GFNFSYvyalrwrt.php
Let me know if that resolved the issue. Thanks
The blue ray has output only.
Yes I️ tried factory reset
the Blu-ray player is connected to the Denon receiver and from there to the projector ?
from the Blu-ray player you have video on projector ?
If the Blu-ray is connected to the Denon receiver I want you to disconnect the HDMI cable from the Blu-ray and connect the cable box to see if you get video on that input.
Ok
How did it work out ? In addition please double check that your Denon receiver has the latest firmware, which sometime corrects a lot of issues.
Sometimes video issues to a projector can also depend on the length of the cable and quality. Sometimes the Blu-ray can produce a stronger signal going through the Denon receiver and then to the projector, and cable box might have a weaker signal which gets weaker going through the Denon receiver. By the time it gets to the projector the signal can be so weak that it sometimes works and sometimes not. Therefore it is crucial in a setup like that to have the cables as short as possible, and of course good quality cable.
I️ have signal thru blue ray. Firmware is up to date. Length of cable is 30’ but has worked for 1.5 years.
It could be possible that the signal from the cable box got weaker. Only way to find that out is to connect shorter cable from the Denon to the projector and Denon to the cable box. Just for test purposes.
I️ connected the shortest possible cable. No change. I️ would have to take down the projector. I️ think it’s a problem with receiver.
I would agree, if you would have an issue with the Blu-ray as well. It could also be a compatibility issue that might came up after an update from your cable provider or the signal amplifier in the cable box got weaker. I would recommend to swap the cable box first before you take the Denon receiver in for repair. The good thing is that the Denon receiver has a 3 years warranty.
At this point we covered everything Reset, Firmware, and Cables. Let me know how you will proceed from here. If you have any questions just let me know, I'm more then happy to answer them for you.
I know this isn't the answer you'd hoped for, and I wish there were a quick fix for this problem. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your Denon receiver might need parts or services which is outside of my control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.
Hello do you have any other questions ? I'm more than happy to answer them for you.
Hello just touching base with you again to see if you need any assistance. If not please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. Thanks
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Hello just following up on your question. Do you need any other service ?