Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

DPX502BT has been working great for almost a year. Now, it…

Customer Question
DPX502BT has been working...

DPX502BT has been working great for almost a year. Now, it won't power on. No fuses blown under the dash, under the hood, or the 10Amp in the back of the stereo. My troubleshooting has run it's course.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

About 1 year installed in the vehicle - bought new. Kenwood DPX502BT

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

1 - wrong date & time 2 - no sound 3 - wouldn' would not turn off 4 - now, it does nothing at all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/9/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, is a volt/multi-meter available>

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

it is. However, the stereo has been installed back in the dash for the night after I gave up on it.

If/when able, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to check for:

• • always available +12V on the yellow wire;
  • • ACC switched +12V on the red wire; and
  • • the balck wire and Kenwood's body is tied to a good ground such the vehicle's frame / metal support and not only to the harness' ground lines.

All others would be internal to the circuitry.