Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Avrx1000 light keeps flashing goes on then goes off.

Customer Question
Avrx1000 light keeps flashing...

Avrx1000 light keeps flashing goes on then goes off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Avrx1000

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turned it on and turned it off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Nio

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/17/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, with the receiver powered off, disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, or lack thereof, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.