Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Bose wave soundtouch music system, which was

installed and working fine. Suddenly...
I have a Bose wave soundtouch music system, which was installed and working fine. Suddenly it gave a message of 'CD is unplayable' at the insertion of a CD, which it had played several times before with no problem. I tried several different CDs on the assumption that the first one may have been corrupted. to no avail. I also tried unplugging the main power cord and the other things listed under 'Troubleshooting'. Still the same result.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Bose wave soundtouch music system mark IV
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said, from the troubleshooting section in the manual: Disconnecting the power etc.
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks; just a solution if he has one ...
10/17/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. I'll get a cleaner disk and try that.

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you!.

I didn't realize initially that you weren't in the US, so if you need a link to buy that disk from another source here is an alternate one: http://amzn.to/1w1eNgB

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer