Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung 55 inch model 6300 smart tv. I got a

Customer Question
Hi I have a Samsung...
Hi I have a Samsung 55 inch model 6300 smart tv.
I got a Harmony 650 universal remote. It worked great till I switched to ATT.
I connected my remote to the website and sync ed everything. It's asking me to switch to IR instead of RF and says go to 'menu' and settings. I've clicked through everything and don't see where it says 'settings' and in any event I don't see anywhere to switch the remote from RF to IR.
Any ideas? Thanks...
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/9/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you referring to a setting in the logitech software? Do you have an att uverse box or directv receiver?

u verse 2500 and a 2nd samsung thats 7500

Can you please give specific model numbers rather than series, and answer my last question:

i don't know the model numbers..ATT guy told me to remember u verse 2500 and 7500, should be enough. I'm referring to the att uverse box because, as I mentioned, I switched to ATT. The logitech software has an alert that says basically go to your TV using the direct tv remote and hit 'menu' then look under 'settings' then 'remote' and change to 'IR'. I hit menu on the direct tv remote and i get a menu but don't see anything related to 'settings' or 'remote'. So, can't turn on the TV, just smart TV.

Okay, uverse and directv are separate devices and services though, you need to actually look at the cable/satellite receiver BOX you have there and that is the model you need to select when you are setting up the harmony software.

The setting for IR or RF does not necessarily need to be changed, they are typically set to allow IR control in the first place, which is what you would have been turning on, so try setting it up again with the proper model number as found on the actual box rather than the incomplete info the att guy gave, and it will likely work at that point.

Thanks for checking,

when you go into the logitech setup, you'll choose Arris as the brand, and VIP 2500 as the model

I did that and the Harmony turns on the TV but I can't change channels or put in a specific channel though I can control the volume from Harmony. I have to use ATT remote in tandem to control the channels.

Okay you need to press the MENU button on the ATT remote, then go into Settings, then from there look for Remote, and you should see an option to enable infrared controls (rf/ir), then go try the harmony again.

Will try thx

You're very welcome, and good luck!

no luck, it just asks me what ATT remote I have...it's obviously something someone has to be in front of/look at but I appreciate your efforts....

You can look on the back of the att remote, there may be a number there like 19.2 or 21.1, if that is what it is asking you for you can enter that.

it only applies to ATT remote, I have Harmony

Where are you seeing the request about the att remote? On the tv screen, or in the harmony setup?

Menu from ATT remote displayed on TV...settings..remote..'which att remote do you have' etc

You need to use the att remote to get through that step, it is just wanting to sync the box with the att remote, as you proceed through you'll get to the point where you can enable IR control

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Louie, Technician