Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have 3311ci and during my auto setup I am getting a bad…

Customer Question
Hi, I have 3311ci...

Hi, I have 3311ci and during my auto setup I am getting a bad connection or very low out pit to right front spker and right side spker, only. This new cause during the original setup all was fine. I switch speaker to different output they are. Should i just send it in for repairs. I have also tried updating the firmware, but it won't allow me to update.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Denon AVR 3311CI network.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I wasn't getting good sounds from spker as mentioned and I just attempted to redo a spker auto setup.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
I checked the connections and they are correctly phased.
10/7/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 10 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you today with your Question. I am reading it now, and will reply to you again in one moment.

I have seen this issue before, where the Amplifier circuit for the specific channel ( Front right speaker) was defective.

In most cases the Output drivers, Emitter resistors and rail resistors failed. Amplifier repair is roughly parts $40 and Labor $65. In some cases the HDMI board which controls your sound could be defecttive ( which is an expensive part $200). But like I said in most cases it is just a faulty amplifier circuit. But first I would try a Factory reset as followed:

While unit is off press Standard and DSP SIMULATION buttons simultanuesly and hold while pushing the Standby/On button and observe the display flash at intervals of about 1 second. After that release buttons. And the unit is now reset.

After that check your audio again. If you still have an issue, the unit would have to be brought to a repair shop for internal failure diagnostics.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.