Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The remote stopped working. Changed the batteries and still…

Customer Question
The remote stopped working...

The remote stopped working. Changed the batteries and still does not work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

AVR 1800, purchased in 1998.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turned on the TV. Tried to turn on the receiver, nothing happened. changed the batteries, AMP appeared in remote window (it appeared prior to changing the batteries), but the remote would not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Connect.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/6/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 10 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.