Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a question in regards to Sony HT-DDW7500 that is very…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question in regards ***** ***** HT-DDW7500 that is very strange

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony HT-DDW7500, I am not sure, maybe 6-7 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Roughly two weeks, I have tried 1000 things. However, I have worked out the problem but unsure of the solution

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
The receiver will only turn back on again if there is no HDMI cable inserted in the HDMI out on the back of the receiver, when there is a HDMI cable in the HDMI out, the receiver won't turn back on.
10/6/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 10 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Did you recently have any power outages or thunderstorms that may have caused damage to the HDMI inputs through a voltage surge?

negative. If I pull the cable out, put it back in, I can turn the unit on. However, if I turn it off then try and turn it back on again it won't turn on. I have to repeat the process of pulling out the HDMI cable and putting it back in again. It use to turn on and off by using my smart TV remote too, but that has stopped working now also.
Hi there. Any idea of a solution? It has been 9 hours since I responded to your last reply.

Does the receiver turn on ok if there is a HDMI cable connected to the HDMI OUT but the other end of the HDMI cable is not connected anywhere?

If so, it is a problem on the other device, e.g. if it is a TV, and perhaps the other end of the HDMI cable is connected to HDMI ARC or similar on that TV, try using a different HDMI IN on that TV to see if that resolves the issue?