Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Denon receiver only recog. AVR-3312CI. My receiver only…

Customer Question
My Denon receiver only...

My Denon receiver only recog

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

AVR-3312CI

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My receiver only recognizes the front left and right speakers and the sub

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm trying to reset my 5.1 system with 2 additional speakers on Zone 2

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/4/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 10 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you today with your Question. I am reading it now, and will reply to you again in one moment.

First I would recommend to reset the Denon receiver. Please do the following

1. Turn off the power by pressing the stby/power button

2. Press On/standby button while simultanuesly pressing Preset Channel 2 and Preset Channel 3 buttons

3. Check the entire display flasing at interval of about 1 second and then release the 2 buttons.

The Microprocessor is now reset.

Now you can try to setup your system again. In the speaker configuration you can select 5.1 system with Zone 2

Please let me know if that worked. In sound field settings select Multi Ch Stereo. You should hear all 5 speakers

If all speakers are still not working the unit has a defective Digital board.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Audio issue. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.