Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The CD player works for about a minute and then stops. Sorry…

Customer Question
The CD player works...

The CD player works for about a minute and then stops

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Sorry for the wait Bose Waves Music System

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Sn 055417c217115147AE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't even know what to ask. This was my husbands baby.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/3/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Engineer