Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just bought an E48. I hooked up a Visio soundbar and

Customer Question
I just bought an...

I just bought an E48. I hooked up a Visio soundbar and connected via optical. It continues to play from the tv speakers and does not seem to recognize the soundbar. I have it set at “auto”.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Of the sound bar? It’s probably 6 to 9 months old. Not sure of model but I can get it if we need it.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have cable hooked up via HDMI and it works fine. The TV menu works as far as I can tell.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got the tv yesterday. The sound bar has never worked on this tv although it worked on my older tv.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/1/2017
Technician: Shahid_Sony, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Customer Service

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?