Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a TV connected to a Leaf Connect LU1E receiver. I am…

Customer Question
Hi, John, I have...

Hi, John, I have a TV connected to a Leaf Connect LU1E receiver. I am using a Control 4 remote to turn on the TV and select one of two Tivo boxes I have on my Control4 system. The remote no longer displays the names of the Tivo systems. It displays 'Empty' on the remote screen. The Samsung TV displays 'Check the cable connections and the settings of your source device. Press SOURCE on your remote control to select the connected source device.' I swapped out the Ethernet cable connected to the LU1E and the HDMI cable connected to the LU1E and I know that the source selection on my Samsung is correct at HDMI1. Any ideas how to continue troubleshooting?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Just twice before and I was able to disconnect the cables which seemed to reset it. But I have never received an 'Empty' for my Tivo lists that display on the Control4 remote. The TV is 2-3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just 3 days and I only tried swapping out the two cables on the LU1E receiver box.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
I forgot to mention that I have 3 other TVs that are OK. The 3 other Control4 remotes show the two Tivo selections for the room where the TV is located. I am only having a problem with one TV Control4 remote in one room.
It appears to be the connection between the Control4 system and the Control4 remote control for that room. I'm not sure where the Ethernet cable from the wall in the room (with the TV) is connected to the Control4 system in my basement or to a Tivo controller. I have two Tivo boxes in the computer rack also.
Does the Control4 remote control talk to the LU1E receiver that is connected to my TV?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

Sorry. The response was too late. I canceled my request. Next to me. Thanks.
Please refund charge for this question. Thank you.