Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The on/off button on the remote control of my Bose Wave

Customer Question
The on/off button on...

The on/off button on the remote control of my Bose Wave Radio II is no longer working.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

I can't see the model number. It was bought in 2007

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been getting temperamental for a while. I haven't tried any troubleshooting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/1/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you tried changing the battery of the remote?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Every other button works

There is a partial test to confirm if the old remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) particularly the on/off button on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself or a compatibility issue.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

There is no light from any of the buttons showing, though, as I mentioned, it is only the on/off that doesn't work on the radio

Does the radio have an On/Off button in itself? ...would it turn on using this button?

No. It only operates using a remote. I can turn it on by using the numbers for the station, but the only way I can turn it off is by using the sleep button which stops it in half an hour

I understand.

By process of elimination, it would still point back to the remote as the most likely suspect even though it would only be the On/Off button. The potential cause would be a fault of the contacts of the TACT switch underneath this button.

At this point, a replacement remote would be the simplest approach and would be to your advantage.

That's what I thought. I was trying to order one when I got switched to your website

Apologies for any incovenience.

Let me try bring this to the attention of Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.
Please do not reply so as not to re-open the Q/A thread.