Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got the blinking red light on my Yamaha tsr-5810 receiver.

Customer Question
Got the blinking red...

Got the blinking red light on my Yamaha tsr-5810 receiver. Sounds like protection mode... How do I get it out of that

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Yamaha TSR-5810.. 2 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried turning it on. Was previously on for couple hours... Watched a movie

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Unplugged everything so no connection right now. Just power

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Tried holding Main power, info and tone down at same time. After 10 seconds I hear a click and then the red standby light come on. Then try to power on and nothing happens... Light just turns off.
Answered in 2 days by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

Returned unit to place of purchase. Do not need assistance any longer. Thanks for your time.