Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My remote does not work. I checked the battery and it still…

Customer Question
My remote does not...

My remote does not work. I checked the battery and it still has 3 volts. what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

It does not have a make or model number on the bottom. There is a very long serial number. It is probably at least ten year old. After testing the battery I put it back in and checked if the remote worked. i did. but when I tried a day later it would not work. My unit still shows the time bur I cant activate any functions .

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The last time we used it we were playing a CD. My wife turned the unit off before the CD finished and it seemed to go off but in a few seconds it stated playing again and we decided to allow it to play to the end of the CD and it stopped on it's own.. Two days later ,thinking it could be a weak battery, I tested the battery without checking if the remote would work.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/30/2017
Technician: Steven, Technician replied 10 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, I have read your question and understand your remote control does not work, you can test the to see if the remote itself is good by following this simple procedure, use the camera on a smart phone, point the remote into the camera lens about 10 or so inches from the phone and press any button, you should see a small red or white flashing light on the phone screen? let me know if you see it?

I did what you suggested using my tablet and I did see a white ligt flashing in the remote bulb
i did what you suggested using my tablet and a white light was flashing in the remote bulb