Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just hooked up sony 4k tv to 4k denon avr and its displying…

Customer Question
Just hooked up sony...

Just hooked up sony 4k tv to 4k denon avr and its displying odd color. Ok playing blu rays

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Tv sony 900e 4k new bought yesterday

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Happened first time put in 4k dvd. Tried different hdmi cables

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/28/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 7 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. Can you describe the "odd color"?

2. Have you tried adjusting any of the picture settings?
3. Have you tried any other input sources, apart from HDMI?

4. Is the TV menu also affected by the color problem?

5. Can you attach some photos showing what you are seeing?

The color is green mauve.
Picture settings on tv dont seem to change anything .
Ps4 pro 4k is also connected to AVR I dont have a 4k game but the home screen outputs 4k and color correct.
I have tried connecting 4k player direct to tv and color normal.
I have tried alternative hdmi cable with no difference.
The current cables are monster27 gbps.
The current configuration is 4k player going to hdmi blu ray input on the 4k denon avr and the 4k ps4 going to hdmi game input on denon avr.
Output from denon is via the monitot out hdmi to the hdmi arc input on tv.
Blu rays 1080p are normal from 4k player.
Normal blu ray
Blu ray with tv menu
Blu ray with denon pic menu
4k
4k with tv menu
4k with denon pic menuHi Pete. Please find attached thankyou for helping Clive
15066351461171430007333.jpg1506635...jpg1506635231195-1414819516.jpg1506635...jpg15066353122681618510275.jpg1506635...jpg15066354237821176480773.jpg1506635...jpg15066354912482007645443.jpg1506635...jpg1506635561372-2112534984.jpg1506635...jpg

What's the full model number on the rear of the TV? (e.g. XBR-55X900E)

Is the TV menu also affected by the color problem?

Or is the problem only when trying to view 4K DVDs?

Sony KD65X9300E
Menu is affected to but not as noticeable as it is black normally and dark grey when using 4k disc

If the menu is also affected the the problem is with the main board in the TV.

As the TV is new it should be returned.

Dear Pete
as per the information I have provided the 4k player plays fine to TV if it is just connected to TV. The problem only occurs when it is run through the Denon AVR. So it would seem to me from a lay persons perspective that their is an incompatability issue between the Denon AVR and the Sony 4k player
The Denon AVR is a 4k unit.
I have been asked to rate your service as the above last information has not been addressed and the problem has not been resolved I can not yet rate your service. I have spoken to a Denon technician and he concurs that the problem is between the 4K player and the AVR. Given the information and the pictures supplied I am perplexed as why you have identified the TV at fault when it is obviously not.
Perhaps you can thoroughly review the information and go from there, regards clive

Hi Clive, I will check if the other techs have any further idea on this.

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer