Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenwood DP-M58 as it is sticking (repeats after 4…

Customer Question
I have a Kenwood...

I have a Kenwood DP-M58 as it is sticking (repeats after 4 seconds) as far as I'm aware I need to oil the guide rail and gear but not 100% which parts so I'm looking for guidance or the service manual

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

KENWOOD DP-M58 and not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Cleaning laser - recently gets to 4 seconds then it restarts

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/26/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, please post back with clear pictures of the laser lens and its mounting cradle. Click HERE.
These pictures would then serve as common references.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.