Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bose radio/cd player is about ten years old. The music…

Customer Question
My Bose radio/cd player...

My Bose radio/cd player is about ten years old. The music from all CD's is always clear but the RADIO is not as clear as it always was - there is a static coming through. Can this be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Ten years old (I think)

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model AWRC4G

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the serial #

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/26/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As an initial step, can you try relocating or even just rotating the radio. The antenna on this is actually built into the power cord, so if you can plutg to a differnet outlet or move the cord around a bit it may get better reception. If that doesn't help let me know and we can look at some external antenna options next.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.